By: Tim Pincelli
Hopefully part 1 got you thinking and you’re back to learn more! This means, you’re reading part 2 to get a glimpse at what characteristics a superior hospitality mobile companion must have to tell you a ‘story’. So, here goes…
Restaurant mobile companion characteristics:
- Meaningful graphs and at-a-glance summaries that tell me a complete story
- Real-time success against forecast
- Real-time awareness of who’s approaching overtime and if they are still on the clock
- Snapshot of yesterday’s performance
- Awareness to how my businesses are performing against same day last week and same day last year values
- View of what the next two weeks of key metrics should bring
- Alerts when my discounts are high with a link to the details
- Ability to communicate internally with my staff and externally to my customers
- Ability to send a copy of an itemized receipt to my customer or manager in under 10 seconds
- Awareness of where each restaurant ranks based on key metrics when compared to one another across the organization
- Awareness of where my servers’ sales rank when compared to one another in a single location
- Individual check search that shows all check details
- View any and all of the above information for a single location or for my entire network
- At-a-glance organization performance in real-time
Now we’re talking, right? This data, real-time in your hand, would redefine what data and awareness is required to more effectively run, for example, a restaurant or group of restaurants. These characteristics begin to define business intelligence (in my most humble industry experience). Here’s the best part…this would be a companion to your comprehensive data, not a replacement. If this information creates an awareness that requires a closer look and more intense analysis, it’s still available anytime, anywhere.
Let’s revisit the prior blog question and apply it now: What can you ‘do’ with this information in the palm of your hand?
The answer: Take action immediately, while it’s happening.
What a paramount shift! Now that I have your attention, I hope you’re ready to ask the question: Does MICROS have this app and when can I have it? Yes, April 2nd, 2013!
Please watch for part 3 where I’ll describe some specific cases and suggestions of how to ‘use’ this new platform effectively to help you become more connected to what’s happening in your businesses in real-time.
Find out more about what MICROS can do for you! For more information contact us at email@example.com Phone: 866.287.4736 (US and Canada)