By: Di Davillas
As I pause to collect my thoughts and reflect on HITEC 2012, I think about “who did I see”, “who did I speak to”, “what did we talk about “.
To my delight it became apparent to me as I waded through the business cards, leads and notes that many prospective customers today are knowledgeable enough about what they want that shopping for a PMS system is not as rudimentary as “how quick can you check in or check out a guest”.
While this is still important, hotel operators are becoming more data conscious and technology savvy and asking great questions from their PMS vendors including:
- Can I add custom information that is only important to my hotel on a guest record?
- Can I report and/or export custom and standard data of information?
- Do you have a lot of interfaces to various 3rd party vendors?
- Do you have a lot of add-on application or modules that I can use to extend the functionality of my PMS?
- Do you evolve your PMS product to include new features on a regular basis?
- Do you have your own mobility strategy?
- Do you have a concrete road map of where you products are going in the next 3 – 5 years?
All fantastic questions and the answer is
So thanks for asking such great questions and keep them coming. If you need more information or want to ask more questions you’re your friendly OPERA Sales Representative or email email@example.com.