Are you looking for a great time saving solution for your hotel guests?
Imagine being stuck in transit. You have just been informed at short notice that you need to travel to a city you have not been to before. As you prefer to choose your own hotels, your company leaves hotel reservations to you. Booking over the phone can have its limitations; What is the location like? What does the hotel look like? Does it have the facilities you require?
What if you could sit down and simply use your smartphone to look up potential hotels in that city? What if you can also look up location, facilities, pictures and then compare them to other alternatives? What if you could then make a booking, receive confirmation and be offered restaurant menus and spa services?
For a hotel guest, this is a valuable service.
The technology to enable this is now available! Hotel guests can make reservations, check in and out of a hotel via their smartphone.
This sort of functionality suits ‘the new consumer’ down to the ground; most of us prefer to choose when and how to make bookings and we want to be able to do it in a medium of our choice.
Hotels are now able to offer their guests a smartphone application, branded in their look and feel, which can offer the following functionality:
- Make/change new reservations
- Check in and check out
- Secure deposit payments
- Manage guest preferences (e.g. newspaper, type of pillow, smoking/non-smoking etc)
- Schedule a wakeup call
- Order room service/make restaurant/spa/golf reservations
- Retrieve messages
- Request housekeeping, turndown, laundry and bell services
- Find hotels based on city, state, or other address information
- Access third party online services (e.g. to find nearby theaters and restaurants).
This is a solution which hotel guests are begining to expect. Not being able to offer it, may very well lose you valuable business opportunities.
What are the benefits?
- It helps cut through red tape to speed and simplify business and leisure travel
- It encourages guests to enjoy hotel amenities such as spa, dining, and recreational venues, as well as special packages and loyalty membership benefits
- Hotels can provide useful ‘local knowledge’ that will make the guest feel comfortable and welcome
- It is all about fostering guest loyalty
The solution is called ‘MyStayManager’. MICROS offers this service as a hosted solution and it is being used at hotels around the world right now. For more information, please visit the MyStayManager product page.
Find out more about what MICROS can do for you! For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 866.287.4736 (US and Canada)