The well-worn saying “A picture paints a thousand words”, is so true when it comes to understanding what is going on, on the restaurant floor. The ability to easily see where each table is at in their meal, and communicate this to floor staff, makes an enormous difference to operational efficiency and the service experience for the patron.
POS Table Layout screens allow staff to:
- Start or pick up a check by pressing on a table picture
- Determine which course each table is up to
- Know how long a table has been waiting since their last course
- See the total dining time for a table
- Join tables together (e.g. to convert 2 x 4 tops to an 8 top)
- See how long ago a table received their bill
Knowing these things at a glance makes it easy to pre-empt guest needs; that extra round of drinks, a status update for the next course, or collection of payment. And, with a snap shot of statuses in a ‘big picture’ view, staff will be able to meet your service KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
MICROS POS Table Layouts
MICROS RES is the full featured restaurant solution, and has dynamic Table Layout functionality. While MICROS e7 is our entry level POS system, its Table Layout feature is still rich in features to help you better manage your restaurant floor. I’ve used e7 POS for my example below.
In e7 POS the Graphical Table Layout view lets you:
- See what alert level a table is at:
- White = Vacant
- Green = Seated
- Yellow = Alert level 1
- Red = Alert level 2
(Refer to the screenshot below)
- Touch the ‘table status’ button to get more information on a particular table
- Touch the table icon to open the table for the next order
- Join and split tables to represent layout changes during service
If you would like to know how to setup the Table Layout mode for your restaurant, contact our account management team today.
Find out more about what MICROS can do for you! For more information contact us at email@example.com Phone: 866.287.4736 (US and Canada)